Friday, 4 October 2013

Day 4: PM - off the wagon

So, how great is wine?

I went for a big, cleansing walk that was just under 8km. By the end of it I could feel my body protesting three days of consecutive exercise so I'm giving it a rest tomorrow, but wow. This feels like such a victory. This is a milestone that I am celebrating. I cannot remember the last time I was able to exercise like this and not be in terrible pain.

When I got home feeling so proud of myself, it took very little persuasion from my beautiful flatmate to get a glass of red wine in my hand while we chatted about the days events. I am really surprised at how mentally and physically resilient I am feeling. Even my flatmate commented on how high my energy levels seemed in spite of my day.

And as I said above - how great is wine?!

I'm not going to lie, I plan on having another glass before the night is through. But after the day I have had, I am going to be kind to myself. My body is still a temple but tonight is a high holy holiday... or something ;)

L x

Summary
Mental state: tired
Physical state: tired

No comments:

Post a Comment