Thursday, 3 October 2013

Day 3: PM - for the record

Firstly let me just say how lucky I am to have one of my besties Kristy as my coach for this cleanse. Lucky for me, but maybe not so lucky for her. I told her upfront that I was hugely sceptical about this whole thing and was likely to be a stubborn moody cow for most of the 30 days. It is only because of how much I love, respect and trust her that I am even doing it. She would not put me in harms way. And she is not asking me to do anything she has not done herself. Also, Kristy is smart. Like, crazy smart. And, her mumma didn't raise no fool (side note - hi Kristy's mumma! Sorry about the previous post - or if you didn't read it, pretend I said nothing and definitely do not go back and read it).

With that out of the way, I present you the quickest way to summarise tonight's dinner shake:


Seriously, berries. They are my new best friend. They made drinking my shake pleasant. I love them so much that I want to take them behind the bike shed and get them pregnant. I was really missing eating solid food so the berries gave me some much needed texture and chew whilst also upping my calorie intake. After exercising for two days in a row I definitely felt like I needed to add some more fuel for my body to burn.

Which brings me to another point I want to clarify. I am not doing this to become some skinny bag of bones. I want to be fit and strong and fast. My body has to be functional, not just look good. Before I started this, I was trying to consume about 1200 calories on a work day as my job is mostly sedentary. This gave me a good amount of energy, and I was able to exercise every second day. I am still consuming 1200 calories a day on this program and will continue to listen to my body and add more food if I think I need it. However, because of the nutrient and protein rich foods/shakes/tonics that I am consuming, I have no doubt that I will start to shed fat. And good riddance to it too. But I am very much hoping to replace that with lean muscle. You never know - you may even see the before and after photos on here at the end (...christ - I really do have NO shame).

Anyway, that's me done for another day. May you all have sweet dreams *wwwiiiinnnnkkkkkkkk*

L x

Summary
Mental state: emotional, reflective, happy
Physical state: tired and sore from my walk - but in a deeply satisfying way

No comments:

Post a Comment