Sunday, 27 October 2013

Day 26: wine, women and song

I woke up feeling refreshed and energized - that was a big sleep! However, just as I was getting up to start my day, disaster struck - I got a migraine! I quickly took my tonic shot and followed it with some painkillers before making my shake and heading straight back to bed. As soon as I had finished my shake I lay back down, closed my eyes and tried to sleep it off. Amazingly I was able to go to sleep and I managed to get through the migraine with minimal pain and in good time. I stayed in bed until the very last minute before I had to get up, have a shake, shower and head out for my girls afternoon that had been in the planning for a month. There was no way I was going to miss this day. I felt pretty spacey and sore but knew that a couple of beverages would help that.

That is the first migraine I've had in 26 days which is a significant milestone for me and my dodgy hips, but is not surprising considering the stress of starting a new job. What is surprising is how quickly I was able to recover and actually get myself out of bed and able to form coherent thoughts.

What followed was an afternoon and evening of lots of fun and laughter and booze! Being with these awesome chicks made me feel so much better that I kind of threw the cleanse out the window and went with the flow. Including late night, drunken McDonald's. I wish I could remember if it was any good. Eventually I collapsed into bed in the wee hours of the morning trying to drink as much water as possible before my eyes finally closed.

That is a fairly short update for what was a long and lovely evening but the main thing I took away from this day is that good company can cure just about anything.

L x

Summary
Mental state - spacey but excited
Physical state - bit sore and achey

No comments:

Post a Comment