Friday, 25 October 2013

Day 24: work in progress

Today was everything and more than I could have hoped for. This role is going to push me, excite me, scare me and most of all - reward me. I have so many ideas already. Parts of my brain that have been dormant due to knowing my old job so well, and emotional pain taking front and centre have fired up today. There is so much I want to write about but I also need time to process it and wind down so I can get some sleep!

This evening I have felt very keenly that I have closed a chapter on my life. It is a bitter-sweet feeling. What is in front of me feels like limitless opportunity if I only reach out and grab it with both hands. So that is what I intend to do, but first I need to accept and appreciate all of the people and experiences that have helped shape my path - the good (and there are so many!), but especially the bad, because the hardest steel is forged only in the hottest fires. And tonight I can see that although I have felt fractured and broken, I am in fact only bent. And in time, that shit will buff right out :)

L x

Summary
Mental state - buzzing
Physical state - good as gold

No comments:

Post a Comment