Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Day 23: looking forward, looking back

As per usual after a cleanse day I woke up feeling refreshed and full of energy. I could tell because at 6:30am I couldn't sleep anymore. Deciding it was best to get back into a work day routine, I got up at 7:30 and weighed, measured, photographed myself before shotting and shaking. The forecast was for temps of up to 35 degrees today so I took advantage of my early start and set out for a walk.

My body is really starting to respond now and I am improving my speeds every walk. My body just feels lighter and more fluid and I can feel myself wanting to go faster and faster. This happened when I first discovered running so I'm feeling extremely hopeful that my power walks will soon turn into runs. To encourage recovery I did a 15 minute relaxation yoga class as soon as I got home. I am seriously loving this yoga app! I can feel my creaky, stiff hips gradually starting to give a little. After that it was straight into the bikini to get one more dose of vitamin D. I lay on my balcony listening to music and just enjoying the feeling of warm sun on skin. It was completely indulgent bliss. 

Lunch in the city with LPR was fantastic. A gigantic Japanese lunch box of tempura, sashimi, miso and unlimited green tea had me grinning like an idiot at the simple joy of eating good food. I really am happiest when sharing a meal with someone I love, someone who I can talk openly and honestly with. I feel so lucky to have found LPR.

After that it was time to face reality and go and sign my new contract. Two and a half weeks of spring time unemployment has been truly life affirming and allowed me to recharge my batteries, I am so grateful that it has worked out this way but I am excited to start my next adventure tomorrow.

We have come a long way in 23 days this little blog and me; with only a week left in this 30 day challenge I am really starting to reflect and evaluate. But if I'm honest, I guess a part of me is waiting for the downside too - the kick in the guts that I expect to happen after feeling so good. I know this is a by-product of having my heart trampled and my trust destroyed so I'm not giving it too much significance but I am acknowledging it and letting myself feel it. One thing I know I have learnt from this experience is that you have to be kind to yourself first, so that's what I'm trying to do. 

Bedtime now, can't wait to report back tomorrow :)

L x

Summary
Mental state - reflective
Physical state - Stretched and strong

No comments:

Post a Comment