Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Day 2: Morning - if at first you don't succeed

So I went to bed last night and expected to be asleep within minutes after such a big day. But instead I still had a bit of energy so I used that time to reflect on the day and, I'm not going to lie, I also lay there and enjoyed the feeling of jiggling my bloated belly before drifting off to sleep.

During these last 3 months, sleep has been the thing that has suffered the most. It is not unusual for me to wake up multiple times in the night, have nightmares, anxiety or worst of all - insomnia. There have been some nights where I have been fast asleep for 1.5 hours before waking up and staying completely alert and awake until 6:30am, where I then catch an hour's sleep before dragging myself out of bed at 7:30am to go to work. I am not a pretty picture on only 3.5 hours of broken sleep. So I am happy to report that I slept soundly last night and woke up at 5:50am feeling much less bloated. I felt alert and rested so rather than trying to go back to sleep I enjoyed laying in bed and reading the news.

As yesterday morning had been so hectic, I forgot to take the dreaded "before shot" - you know, me in underwear taking a full length selfie in the bathroom mirror (*groan*). So I got that out of the way but I have to admit that I secretly enjoyed staring at myself in the most critical way, in the most unflattering bathroom-yellow light. It was freeing to be able to look and laugh at this body of mine.

Acutely aware of how bad I felt yesterday, I decided to mix up the morning routine by having a big glass of water and the tonic shot first, then heading off to shower and dress. I was hoping that by giving my stomach time to settle in between the tonic and the shake that I would reduce the risk of nausea. I blended my shake powder with water, gave myself another quick pep talk ("Seriously? You're scared of a beverage. Laaaaame.") then drank it down. As per last nights shake, I could barely taste it but what I could taste was definitely less gross. Either I'm getting used to it or the flavour is changing for me. I felt instantly full after finishing my shake, but not in the uncomfortable way of yesterday. I took my accelerator tablet then headed off to work feeling much more excited about the day ahead.

So now it's morning tea time and I still feel completely full from my shake. However I plan on doing some exercise this evening so am going to munch on some carrots and hommus to up my calorie intake. I will also take my first flush tablet of the day. Am happy to say that so far these tablets have not negatively affected me in any way. If they are doing something then it is not intruding upon my life and I have not felt the urge to run to the bathroom.

Summary
Mental state: well rested and content
Physical state: mild bloating

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment