Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Gettin' ma nails did

I was never a 'girlie-girl' when I was growing up. I liked exploring and having adventures and making sure I was comfortable whilst doing it. My dad worked for a cosmetics company so once I became a teenager make up had already lost its appeal (I used make up to colour in my pictures). Add to this the fact that my mum is a very practical, country girl and you now have an adult who never explored that side of herself.

Fast forward to last year, when I was in Chemist Warehouse (I freakin LOVE that place) and I saw these Sally Hansen sparkly nail polish strips. They were $10 so I thought why the hell not? I went to Pinterest for some inspiration and voila! My first steps into the world of nail art:

Apparently just accenting one fingernail with sparkle was all the rage.


Last week, I decided that I want to look like a combination of Dita Von Teese, Lana Del Rey and Rihanna when I grow up. So, first step - amazing, slightly talon-ish nails. I was too chicken to go full claw, so got these instead:

They are completely impractical. Even the simplest task takes twice as long. Using my phone or a keyboard is an exercise in comedy. But they are kind of fascinating and alien. And I love them. Who knows if they will even last a week but until then I will be the girl awkwardly swiping at her phone with the side of her thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment