Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Chrismukkah | Festivus

I love this time of year. I love it more than most other things in this world. For me it has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with friends and family and good will. It's a time when we get together with those we cherish to eat, drink and be merry. It's a time to reflect on the year that was and count our blessings. It's a time for kindness and gentleness and forgiveness.

It's also a time to decorate and celebrate and have fun! I love the smell of tinsel. I love fairy lights and Christmas trees and carols. But what I love most of all about Christmas, the thing guaranteed to fill my heart with joy is Mariah Carey's 'Merry Christmas' album. If you don't get shivers when Mariah hits those high notes in 'O Holy Night' then you are dead inside. I can listen to that album on repeat. All. Freakin. Day. In fact, I'm listening to it right now.

Christmas is also when I produce my most elaborate and beautiful desserts. Last year it was this pavlova:

Another year it was this gingerbread train:

So what do I do this year? How do I 'up' the wow factor? I am currently rolling one idea around in my brain, but it is fraught with danger and has maximum potential to fail. So, should be a stress-free holiday... Cheers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment