Monday, 23 August 2010

Red Red Wine

Ok, so the song blows but the sentiment is spot on.
The older I get, the more I am enjoying red wine. And so far, I have only found one variety that I am not a huge fan of. But I have also found many varieties that I love, love, love - primarily, Pinot Noir.

My love affair with this delicious drop started after seeing Sideways in 2005. For two weeks after watching the film, I drank a glass (or 3) of pinot every night for two weeks. Purely for research and medicinal purposes of course... ha!

The thing that I loved about the film was that not only could I relate to the title, but I could relate to the love of red wine. Had I seen this movie when I was 20, I would have wondered what all the fuss was about.

And, to be totally bloody honest - when I come home from a pilates class I feel way less guilty about having a glass of red wine than I do about cracking open a beer. Red wine's good for your heart... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment