Monday, 5 July 2010

Get Baked

Baking is one of the things I love to do most in this world. I wish that was different, though. I wish it was yoga, or running, or preparing nutritious, tasty and healthy meals made from locally grown organic produce. But alas, it is not. Flour, butter, sugar and eggs are what turn me on.

When I am browsing the aisles in the supermarket, I am always on the lookout for baking inspiration. I see a display of apples and I think - ooh apples. Crumble? Pie? Tarte Tatin?

At the moment I am obsessed with cinnamon cookies. So I may as well share the love (and the calories) - recipe is below, enjoy!

Cinnamon Cookies

100g butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
110g brown sugar
80g caster sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 egg
210g self raising flour
1 - 2 teaspoons cinnamon (depending on how much you love cinnamon)

METHOD

Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).

Cream butter, vanilla, sugars and maple syrup together. Beat until light and fluffy.

Add egg, beating well until combined.

Fold in combined sifted flour and cinnamon.
Pour mixture onto some cling film and roll it up into a sausage. Refrigerate until cold.
Remove cling film and slice into 24 pieces. Roll into balls and place on baking paper lined baking trays, allowing room to spread.

Bake in preheated oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment